2017 WISH LIST
The Learning Center has made huge strides this year with increased enrollment, more programs, and stronger partnerships in the community. Our progress has not come without its challenges; especially challenges due to the State of Illinois budget impasse. The board and staff have been proactively addressing this issue with creative cost cutting measures and pursuing new funding streams. Through their diligence, The Learning Center has been able to maintain its services for students without needing to cut staff or programming.
We are convinced that with hard work and YOUR continued generous support for our programs, we can continue to serve our students. With a little TLC and a little help from our friends, WE can do it!
We hope you will generously support us by contributing an amount towards one of these needs.
1. Interior building enhancements: carpeting, window coverings, painting. $3,000
2. Technology hardware and software:
- Document reader and accessories $172
- Student data tracking system $2,000
3. Expenses formerly covered by our state grant.
- Printing expenses: printing flyers, copies, student work $2,000
- Office & School supplies: paper, notebooks, postage, etc. $1,500
- Books for students: textbooks, workbooks, novels $1,200
4. Sponsor a GED exam fee for a student. $120/student
5. Utilities including electricity, heat, and phone/internet. $12,000 or $1,000/month
Please click on the SUPPORT US button to make your wish list contribution.